A government department in Canberra seeks the services of a Network Engineer with NV1 security clearance.
We are seeking a Network Engineer with 3 to 5 years experience with a strong understanding of network infrastructure and hardware. A self-starter able to work under pressure, independently under limited guidance as well as comfortable working in a team environment.
You will be a key member of a small team responsible for overseeing a number of critical network projects and supporting upcoming events. You will also be utilising your IT and engineering skills to undertake routine hardware, software and network maintenance, and contribute to the performance of the team by developing and documenting common procedures. Liaising with other IT teams and vendors will be key. Experience in video conferencing, IPTV, Internet radio, video screens and other Audio Visual equipment would be an advantage.
Please note after hours support may be required/expected from potential candidates for this role.
• Strong understanding of switch, router and firewall hardware with experience configuring VLANs and patching cables within Communications cabinets.
• Strong ability to troubleshoot networking and connectivity issues.
• Ability to develop strong internal and external working relationships to facilitate collaboration, clear lines of communication and to deliver on department’s strategic objectives.
• Ability to create and maintain documentation using attention to detail, such as developing migration plans, bill of materials, and technical manuals and procedure documents.
• Experience supporting, configuring and troubleshooting large display screens, video conferencing equipment and IPTV systems.
• Configuring, managing and troubleshooting WiFi networks
• Familiar with portable devices such as iPads and tablets
• Experience working in an IT security conscience environment.
Australian Citizens only.
Length of Contract: 6 months with possible extension up to 6 months
The role closes at 2pm 12th April 2021