Digital Accessibility Specialist
Contact: Ritambhara Chaturvedi
Closing date: 07-04-2021
We are looking for a Digital Accessibility Specialist that can:
- Create an accessibility strategy for Digital Solutions Division (DSD)
- Help in the creation of supporting material for inclusive best practices and checklists to test designs
- Inform tools and processes that lead to accessible products that meet user needs
- Can advocate for inclusive practices and help teams design and deliver accessible services that work for all users.
- The role will work with other subject matter experts and delivery teams to help build accessibility capability. By understanding the User Experience and requirements of people with disability, the Digital Accessibility Specialist will contribute specialist insight to application design teams throughout the department.
- There will also be a significant body of work in:
- Defining the accessibility standards and methodology for assessments
- •Assessing components and patterns for WCAG 2.1 AA compliance and best practices
- working with developers to suggest code improvements
- Outline a strategy for incorporating accessibility into the automated testing process