A government department in Canberra seeks the services of Senior Application Developer with NV1 security clearance.
The Specified Personnel will be responsible for providing the following deliverables including but not limited to:
• Working with Product Owners to drive the delivery of technical solutions through the management of their own team and coordination with other technical teams;
• Providing extensive application development knowledge and skills to support Technical Leads in project delivery including the management of own workload;
• Designing, developing and implementing software according to department industry standards and practices in the following (or similar) technologies:
o Identity and Access Management
o Hadoop Big Data Platforms
o Cloud Infrastructure (MS Azure)
o API-based integration patterns
o (modern) Data Management tools (supporting both ETL and ELT patterns)
o Integrated Data Management solutions
o Integrated DevOps and CI/CD pipelines
o Open-source and COTS technology products.
• Mentoring junior application developers to transfer skills and knowledge;
• Developing comprehensive documentation and perform testing to demonstrate built software and support successful system implementations;
• Leading and developing a small technical team focused on developing new or enhanced business applications;
• Delegating and managing team workload, creating accountability and responsibility. The Specified Personnel may be required to undertake official travel interstate.
The Specified Personnel will be expected to transfer skills and knowledge to departmental staff and ensure appropriate documentation is stored in accordance with the Department’s recordkeeping policy and practices.
The Specified Personnel will also be responsible for producing the following deliverables, including but not limited to:
• Developing comprehensive documentation (product, process, system and user documentation) to demonstrate built software and support successful system implementations.
• At least 5 years demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of software solutions using SDLC methodologies including Waterfall and Agile.
• Well-developed leadership and people management skills, including the ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external working relationships through consultation and sharing of information.
• Highly developed verbal and written communications skills, including demonstrated ability to maintain productive working relationships and to liaise effectively with senior stakeholders to reach agreement on complex matters.
• Ability to shape strategic thinking, apply sound judgement and align operational activities with corporate goals.
• Experience in using Big Data tools such as Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP), KafkaHQ, Neo4j and Elasticsearch.
• Demonstrated experience through software development with the Azure Cloud Platform.
Australian Citizens only.
Length of Contract: 7 months with extension options upto 24 months
The role closes at 2pm 21st October 2020.