Aris Zinc is looking for a Data Specialist
in Canberra and Sydney with
a minimum Baseline clearance for a government department.
This is an initial ,7 months contract with 12-month extension options . Great per hour rate .
Core Duties :
- Bridge the gap in expertise between the technical team, made up of data scientists, data analysts and data engineers, and business and policy stakeholders.
- Having a clear understanding of policy objectives and how data analysis, modelling (including Natural Language Processing) and expertise can support the objectives
- Identifying team capacity and expertise to achieve a set policy goal (what data is available, what are the areas of team expertise to harness, what risks and gaps in team capacity/knowledge needs to be identified)
- Ability to assist in defining clear objectives and breaking down projects into tasks within the Agile framework for increments of work (using DevOps for work planning) o Being a reliable source of clarification for the technical team on policy objectives to ensure data projects have a clear and well defined goal and stay on track
- Maintaining comprehensive knowledge of the various data projects happening across the branch and how they may feed into/affect/rely upon the teams data models
- Ability to contribute to the development of an overall technology roadmap for an analytics platform which will integrate a range of data inputs and deliver a services to various stakeholders.
- Build and present data visualisations (using Power BI) to effectively communicate to senior executives the output of the team’s models
- Elicit model feedback through demos, dashboards and slide decks critically analyse model output (both manually and/or using R or Python) to validate work and identify risks or areas for improvement
- Effectively communicate feedback of model output back to the technical team for iteration improvement or changes, ensuring the technical work remains in line with the overall policy objective
Build and present data visualisations (ie Power BI) to effectively communicate to senior executives around the output of the models and identify possible connections with other areas’ outputs
Critically analyse model output (both manually and/or using R or Python) to validate work and identify risks or areas for improvement
Effectively communicate feedback of model output back to the technical team for iteration improvement or changes, ensuring the technical work remains in line with the overall policy objective
- Previous experience working with data modelling and output and an ability to communicate technical concepts and strategic options in a clear manner to diverse stakeholders
- Basic understanding of Machine Learning (specifically NLP), other modelling and analysis techniques and their relevance to the development of a data platform.
- Willingness to work collaboratively with a diverse team, including manual model output checking, identify opportunities for strategic collaboration, create compelling presentations and provide relevant documentation
The close date for this role is on 20th October, 2020 at 6pm.