.Net Developer / SharePoint Administrator
Contact: Ritambhara Chaturvedi
Closing date: 21-10-2020
The Corporate and Digital Division of DISER is front and centre in implementing the government’s National Business Simplification Initiative and Digital Transformation Agenda. The Division also provides a range of enabling services and operations delivery to the department.
The Web Application Capability team is responsible for delivering web application projects and support. The section is currently delivering the SharePoint 2010 Decomissioning Program of work. This involves working with business owners to find alternate solutions for over 70 departmental products hosted on the SharePoint 2010 Platform. One of the key projects which the team is currently undertaking is the redevelopment of the Departments Intranet on SharePoint online.
As part of the role these developers will undertake activities that ensures systems meet the function requirements of the users and stakeholders, meet performance thresholds and ensure sustainability into the future; while complying to DIIS and industry principles, standards and best practice.
Specifically, they will be required to:
• Use a range of products to manage, maintain and develop the code base of systems.
• Develop web applications and web services, adhering to relevant standards and protocols;
• Understand and code against detailed application architecture documents;
• Provide impact analysis of user/stakeholder requirements;
• Ensure that best practice and Departmental standards are applied and managed;
• Effective collaboration with a cross-functional team working with an agile structure - including a product owner, scrum master, business analysts, UI developers, architect & testers to produce a solution in accordance with user and stakeholder requirements and broader DSO objectives;
• Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholder; internal and external to the department.
The successful applicant must have three years of relevant work experience and a wide range of technical skills. Skills of interest include:
• Experience with PowerShell scripting against SharePoint sites.
• Understanding and experience working with cloud-based systems such as Microsoft Azure and Office 365.
• Hands on experience in SharePoint (Online/On-Prem) administration.
• Expertise in SharePoint Configuration, Migration, Content Management, Collaboration, Content Deployment and Features.
• Good knowledge of development and security best practices when delivering ICT solutions.
• The ability to perform, collaborate and deliver ICT solutions within an agile team.