A government department in Canberra seeks the services of Financial Services Analyst with baseline security clearance.
Scope of Task
The emergence of concurrent programs delivering IIP Joint Projects and minor projects, has increased the need for financial management at the Branch level.?
• Timely and accurate financial management services are required to ensure sound decision making for Senior Executives to meet Branch responsibilities in financial management achieving financial accountable and meeting best value for money principles to implement these technologies.
• The Corporate and Logistics Delivery Branch requires a team of financial management specialists to deliver effective financial management advice and reporting for improved financial administration of the Branch. This function will provide financial advice, financial program planning and budgeting, forecasting, analysis of expenditure, cost modelling, process and service improvements, and financial data analysis including record compliance for effective financial control.
• This resource will provide financial management services to the Corporate & Logistics Delivery Branch. The role require effective liaison skills to work closely with the Group Finance Officer and Directorate Finance and Commercial managers.
• The Finance analyst will provide commercial financial investigation and validation services from a financial systems accounting aspect.
• 1 x Commercial Financial Investigation and Validation Services?
Level 3 - Advanced Practitioner?Commercial Services?Commercial Services
• The Financial Services Analyst will, but not limited to:-
• Provide critical analysis of data from the Financial Systems and Group Finance Officer financial reports.
• Provide recommendations to management to improve financial performance.
• Provide impact analysis of Branch finances relevant to capability delivery.
• Monitor and maintain all required financial records and reports for compliance and audit to all agreed requirements.
• Assist all other areas with their financial tasks.
• Contribute to financial planning and budgeting.
• Collate required financial data and reports to facilitate decision making.
• Provides analysis and Executive reports on financial data.
• Work in support of the Finance manager to deliver efficiencies in Branch financial management.
Australian Citizens only.
Length of Contract: 12 months with possible extensions up 12 months
The role closes at 2pm 23rd October 2020.