A government department in Canberra seeks the services of the Scientific Software Engineer with baseline security clearance.
This request seeks to engage two full time experienced scientific software engineers and/or developers who have capability to provide scientific software engineering support to the department Analysis Centre Software (ACS) Multi- Global Navigation System (GNSS), development team. Also developing new stand-alone software utilities for data and metadata preparation and for analysis and visualization of the ACS toolkit’s performance and results.
• The software engineering tasks to be undertaken include; modifications to the existing ACS codebase, implementation of new software features, development of novel GNSS data processing algorithms, bug fixes and implementation of software unit testing capability.
• Demonstrable mathematical algorithm development experience, scientific programing and software engineering capability.
• Programing proficiency in C/C++, Fortran, Cmake and Python is required.
• A familiarity with the Git distributed source code management software system, Atlassian’s JIRA project management system and the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Linux elastic Cloud computing environments is also required.
• Must have good understanding of GNSS positioning theory, including available data types and their use in precise positioning parameter estimation. Experience with Kalman filter optimization methodologies is a plus.
• These software engineers will be expected to work in an Agile team environment in close communication with the department in-house developers as well as other external software development teams.
Australian Citizens only.
Length of Contract: 12 months with possible extension up to 12 months
The role closes at 2pm 28th September 2020.