A government department in Canberra seeks the services of the Chief Engineer with NV1 security clearance.
The development, acquisition assistance and in-service management of communications related capabilities that support the current and future land battlespace. Capabilities include secure deployable ICT networks, tactical communications networks and operational communication networks.
Scope of Work
Department requires Project Management and Engineering Services to establish a team to manage the delivery of the projects across their mandated responsibility and schedule previously communicated.
Candidates must understand that they will need to work closely with existing PMOs that are delivering the backbone of the network of JS-L and its associated projects. It is therefore essential that project team be capable of working in a small team environment to leverage the existing team’s knowledge and experience. The team will also be required to establish a strong relationship with projects currently being delivered in the environment and associated agencies to ensure tracking of potential efficiency gains and opportunities through resource use and knowledge sharing. It is essential that the team has a strong ICT project management background. Due to the requirement of the team to operate effectively within the reduced delivery timeframe, it is essential that they have an understanding of networks and capabilities employed within. A brief summary of the scope of the task is provided for each of the three roles wish to employ:
Chief Engineer – provide and coordinate engineering advice to inform design, technical certification and associated documentation to deliver the program system. The member will also be required to review and comment on resource allocation and use across the program to ensure risks in delivery and documentation requirements are identified and mitigated.
Statement of Duties:
The following describes the duty statement and requirements for the role:
• Oversee engineering efforts in program design and delivery of project requirements within the technical framework;
• Oversee, plan and ensure internal engineering working groups are conducted to support project governance and participate in external working groups to represent the project;
• Oversee and ensure documentation for system design and maintenance of configuration of solution is completed throughout the project lifecycle;
• Supervising staff – as required, manage APS and contracted personnel embedded within or in support of projects;
• Take a lead role in engineering problem identification and solution development across the programs projects;
• Oversee the calculation of costs, material, labour and time requirements required for each project;
• Ensure the programs projects are compliant with relevant Commonwealth Government security and engineering standards ; and
• Understanding of network topology including RBAC and AD.
• Demonstrated background and experience in ICT engineering;
• Demonstrated background in understanding of networks (understanding JS-L would be highly desirable);
• Relevant technical qualification in System Engineering and/or Network Engineering;
• More than ten years relevant industry and/or experience;
• Demonstrated experience of managing multi-discipline engineering teams and a track record of completed/closed projects and/or programs;
• Highly effective written skills to support documentation requirements;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to effectively work in an agile team environment;
• Detailed understanding of Department policy frameworks around network design and compliance;
• The Contractors’ demonstrated experience (in relation to the Scope of Work and Statement of Duties) to undertake the support services successfully;
• The Contractors demonstrated ability to engage with stakeholders including APS, and contractors; and
• The value for money of the tendered solution and pricing structure, including the proposed payment schedule submitted.
Australian Citizens only.
Length of Contract: 12 months with possible extension up to 12 months
The role closes at 2pm 16th September 2020.