A government department in Canberra seeks the services of the Program Manager with NV1 security clearance.
The development, acquisition assistance and in-service management of communications related capabilities that support the current and future land battlespace. Capabilities include secure deployable ICT networks, tactical communications networks and operational communication networks.
Scope of Work
Project Management and Engineering Services to establish a team to manage the delivery of the projects across their mandated responsibility and schedule previously communicated.
Candidates must understand that they will need to work closely with existing PMOs that are delivering the backbone of the network of JS-L and its associated projects. It is therefore essential that project team be capable of working in a small team environment to leverage the existing team’s knowledge and experience. The team will also be required to establish a strong relationship with projects currently being delivered in the environment and associated agencies to ensure tracking of potential efficiency gains and opportunities through resource use and knowledge sharing. It is essential that the team has a strong ICT project management background.
Program Manager – manage the programs project managers in order to monitor and control delivery of the capability in accordance with the individual project business cases. Work directly with the Capability manager of to ensure their interests are met within the programs intent. The member will be required to work with and manage contractors from across the Industry spectrum.
Statement of Duties:
The following describes the duty statement and requirements for the role:
• Overall responsible for program planning and governance;
• Assist in program management of related program activities and requirements;
• Act in a leadership role for discussion of requirements and assist the Director of in SME advice for program related requirements;
• Stakeholder Engagement both internal to program and external stakeholders (required to report directly to Capability manager, but will also have a relationship with the Director to provide regular updates);
• Risk Management;
• FIC Management;
• Schedule Management (particularly important given schedule pressure of this program);
• Coordinate test and evaluation activities;
• Take a lead role in identification, management and solution development of program risks across the projects and the program level;
• Supervising staff – as required, manage APS and contracted personnel embedded within or in support of projects;
• Budget Management; and
• Issue Resolution.
• Demonstrate experience in ICT program management in an agile environment;
• Experience in preparing and delivering program level project documentation expected under the new Capability Life Cycle;
• Project management certification (PRINCE 2 or equivalent);
• Demonstrated experience in delivery of and running/managing multiple project teams in large organisations with evidence of ability to deliver/close-out project and program requirements;
• Demonstrate the ability to engage with stakeholders including APS and contractors;
• Systems Engineering or project management qualifications with a minimum of ten years’ experience;
• Previous experience in networks.
• The Contractors’ demonstrated experience (in relation to the Scope of Work and Statement of Duties) to undertake the support services successfully;
• The Contractors demonstrated ability to engage with stakeholders including APS, and contractors; and
• The value for money of the tendered solution and pricing structure, including the proposed payment schedule submitted.
Australian Citizens only.
Length of Contract: 12 months with possible extension up to 12 months
The role closes at 2pm 16th September 2020.