A government department in Canberra seeks the services of Agile Coach with baseline security clearance.
The Australian Government is developing a whole of government architecture to ‘drive design and investment decisions as whole of government’. The vision is to take us from siloed capabilities to a landscape of connected platforms and services. The focus of the initiative is on developing architecture frameworks, tools, and capabilities through a series of cross-agency pilots that maximise platforms' and services' re-use, design integration, and assurance.
The Agile Coach will be an integral part of the Whole of Government Architecture Taskforce with a focus on driving collaboration across federal, state, and industry sectors. A key outcome is supporting the use of an appropriate agile approach to define, align, prioritize and gain endorsement with senior executives to drive delivery of the workstream deliverables.
The Agile Coach in addition to providing expert advice and guidance to the taskforce, will be responsible for the strategy and implementation of the engagement and collaboration approach.
As the taskforce workstreams and resourcing expands, the coach will guide when and how it is appropriate to transition from light-weight agile methods to a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). The coach will require a highly collaborative approach to providing subject matter expertise, mentoring, coaching, and training across the taskforce, and broader stakeholder group. There is an emphasis on co-design of the future architecture framework of which the community of practice will be the primary vehicle.
Successful candidates will be experienced in applying a combination of coaching and consulting techniques to cross-agency initiatives that are in a growth stage. The candidate will have proven qualifications and experience in SAFe and Scrum. They will be charged with recommending the right tools for the maturity of the team and product development. Demonstrated ability to apply techniques across organisational boundaries and physical locations to outcomes is essential. The coach will be expected to be an experienced and polished presenter to small and large audiences with mixed levels of background and subject matter expertise. They will be adept at tailoring their material and approach appropriately.
• Demonstrated experience as an agile coach with a mix of coaching and consulting expertise in a cross-organisation environment. This experience includes guidance on scaling an initiative, planning and synchronising execution across domains, incorporating innovation and managing agile release trains.
• Cultivates productive working relationships with APS professional staff, Senior Executive Service and external stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability to shape strategic thinking and communicate with influence. Includes presenting to small and large groups of varying subject-matter familiarity with ability to tailor material appropriately.
• Familiarity with the Digital Service Standard and associated service design and delivery process.
• Formal qualifications in agile such as Scrum and SAFe
• Experience in enterprise architecture or directly working with enterprise or business architects.
• A current active credential as a Professional Certified Coach and listing with the International Coaching Federation
Australian Citizens only.
Length of Contract: 6 months with possible extensions up to 6 months.
The role closes at 2pm 11th August 2020.