Aris Zinc is looking for a Linux System Administrator in Brisbane/Canberra with a current NV1 security clearance for a 12 months contract with up to 2 yrs extension options.
- Responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining Linux servers
- Installing and configuring Linux components
- Performing system maintenance and resolving server-side issues.
- Managing, coordinating, and implementing software upgrades, patches and hotfixes.
- Creating and modifying scripts or applications to perform specified tasks.
- Transferring knowledge to support personnel.
- Contributing to training material development
- Greater than 5 years of Linux system administration experience
- In depth knowledge of Linux CentOS and Fedora
- Experience with KVM and Openstack vitualisation technologies.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker containerisation.
- Experience with Shell, Perl, and/or Python scripting.
- Solid knowledge of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, FreeIPA, SMTP, XMPP, Postfix(MTA), Dovecot and SNMP.
- Experience with public key infrastructure (PKI).
- Ability to provide technical advice to meet business requirements.
- Active NV1 security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar relevant degree.
- Linux certifications such as RHCT, RHCE and LPIC.
- Experience working with communications and information systems.
- Experience working within agile project management frameworks.
- Experience with DEVOPS methodologies.
The role closes on 14th of August, 2020m at 6 pm (Canberra time).