A government department in Canberra seeks the services of Engagement Lead with baseline security clearance.
We are seeking an energised and enthusiastic Engagement Lead to join the COVID-19 Digital Response team. The role will help to drive engagement with key stakeholders including state and territory health officials, media, and other government agencies.
As the Engagement Lead, you will work closely with senior members of the team. The Engagement Lead role will directly interface with health officials and other government agencies to ensure the effective use of our COVID-19 digital products. You will build productive relationships and networks with stakeholders. You will ensure that our products are meeting the needs of our stakeholders through your engagement activities.
You will take a lead role in developing and delivering our communications strategy including social media content. You will contribute to the development of briefs, media responses, media releases, reports, and correspondence. You will use agile methodology and contemporary stakeholder engagement approaches. This means delivering at pace, being open to changing approaches and taking an appropriate attitude to risk.
• Strong understanding of the complementary approaches of strategic communications and engagement and how they intersect to drive outcomes for the branch.
• Communications skills – delivering high quality written briefings, written reports and advice under tight time pressures, using clear and influential language.
• Stakeholder engagement skills – understand our key stakeholders, their perspectives, their influence and how to embed this into our advice.
• Ability to deal well with ambiguity and rapid change, including sometimes tight and urgent deadlines.
• Experience in engagement and communications.
• Experience in ICT or digital transformation would be an advantage.
Australian Citizens only.
Length of Contract: 6 months with possible extensions up to 6 months.
The role closes at 2pm 12th August 2020.