A government department in Canberra seeks the services of Lead Financial Manager with baseline security clearance.
Scope of Task:
The emergence of concurrent programs delivering IIP Joint Projects and minor projects, has increased the need for financial management at the Branch level.
2. Timely and accurate financial management services are required to ensure sound decision making for Senior Executives to meet Branch responsibilities in financial management achieving financial accountable and meeting best value for money principles to implement these technologies.
3. The Assistant Secretary Corporate and Logistics Delivery Branch requires a team of financial management specialists to deliver effective financial management advice and reporting for improved financial administration of the Branch. This function will provide financial advice, financial program planning and budgeting, forecasting, analysis of expenditure, cost modelling, process and service improvements, and financial data analysis including record compliance for effective financial control.
4. The purpose of this Statement of Work is to engage a Branch Finance Manager.
5. This resource will provide financial management service The resource will work under the leadership of the Assistant Secretary CLD with day to day direction from the Executive Level Governance Delivery Manager, to ensure the Branch meets its financial responsibilities in reporting and effective financial management. The roles require effective liaison skills to work closely with the Group Finance Officer and Directorate Finance and Commercial managers. This role will provide advice and reporting, the Executive Governance Delivery Manager and Business Managers (Melbourne and Canberra) on Branch financial practices and performance.
6. The Finance Manager will provide financial management support services across Branch programs liaising with stakeholders, supporting financial delivery and governance, and looking for efficiencies in process to achieve effective levels of financial management from purchasing through to payment.
The candidate’s proposed methodology and approach in meeting the objectives and delivering the requirements detailed in the Deliverables.
The Candidates’s demonstrated experience, understanding, and appreciation to perform the Services as specified in the Deliverables.
Australian Citizens only.
Length of Contract: 12 months with possible extensions up to 6 months
The role closes at 2pm 3rd August 2020.