A government department in Canberra requires the services of Project Manager with NV1 security clearance.
The Project Manager is accountable under broad direction to provide effective leadership of a Technical Information Communications and Technology project within a program.
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing the design, planning, development, implementation and evaluation of project outputs. You The Project Manager will liaise and work collaboratively with key stakeholders to foster partnerships, provide strategic advice and optimise the effectiveness of projects in your their assigned area of responsibility.
The Project Manager must possess the ability to receive instruction from executive staff and collaborate between a broad range of stakeholders to ensure project scope, plan and deliverables are within the agreed time, budget and quality parameters.
Key knowledge or experience areas include:
o Experience delivering within PRINCE 2 and MSP frameworks
o Experience managing acquisitions within the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act
o Experience delivering within a Systems Engineering framework
o Experience managing large teams of up to 30 people
• Extensive experience (preferably 10+ years) project managing and delivering major IT and/or technology infrastructure projects, including the demonstrated ability to identify and manage project risks and troubleshoot project issues.
• Managing and controlling human and financial and resources, up to $25m and a delivery team of 30 personnel.
• Working with a diverse range of high profile stakeholders with the ability to influence and negotiate project outcomes.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to drive teams and deliver under pressure to tight timeframes.
• Proven ability to deliver in a project and program environment under limited guidance.
• Be self-motivated and able to work under pressure in a high-paced, responsive environment.
Australian citizen only
Length of Contract: 12 months with possible extensions up to 12 months
The role closes 2pm 12th August 2020