A government department in Canberra requires the services of SAS Support Officer - Australian citizen only.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with strong SAS skills, knowledge and experience. This role would suit someone who has excellent communication skills, the ability to convey technical ideas to a non-technical audience and enjoys helping people resolve issues. The day-to-day work of the role entails providing hands on assistance and advice, to SAS users across the business. The role will assist SAS users in developing and maintaining SAS code to prepare data, undertake analysis, and produce reporting outputs. The tasks that SAS is used for at the department vary greatly in complexity, size and approach. As a result, candidates that have experience applying their SAS skills in a wide range of situations and data contexts will be best suited to the challenges of the position.
The primary role of the position is to provide support for SAS to staff. This will involve a range of activities, including resolving ad hoc issues, providing one-on-one support and training, and developing user guides and training material. The position is also responsible for helping staff use AIHW’s unique infrastructure related to SAS, which includes a range of custom SAS Enterprise Guide Wizards/Add-ons, integration components between SAS and SharePoint, and shared methods for the production of graphs and tables.
The candidate will work as part of a small team within SCU that is responsible for delivering a range of SAS support and data loading functions.
SAS and SAS Enterprise Guide are the primary tools for data preparation, analysis, quality assurance and production of tables and graphs for reports. SAS is widely used across the organisation, with around 250 current SAS users that hold a wide range of skills and experience. With 36 different statistical areas, SAS is applied in a wide variety of situations, from doing simple tasks to wrangling complex data and performing complex analysis and reporting. SAS users are supported by a small centralised team within SCU, by online guides and materials, and an established in-house suite of training courses delivered by a qualified trainer.
Under general direction, provide ongoing support to staff in relation to SAS and other related products* by;
• Resolving ad hoc SAS user support requests
• Providing one-on-one SAS support and training
• Developing guides, support materials and maintaining relevant Intranet/SharePoint pages
• Establishing and maintaining an SAS community
• Providing group training if requested by areas
• Directly participating in projects as a SAS developer
• Support staff using the in-house Validation tool
*Other products refers to unique infrastructure related to SAS.
These products are:
• Custom SAS Enterprise Guide wizards
• Integration components between SAS and SharePoint
• Shared SAS custom related to the advanced production of graphs and tables
1. Significant technical expertise and experience in SAS and SAS Enterprise Guide
2. Well-developed oral and written communication skills
3. Well-developed ability to develop productive relationships
4. Well-developed organisational skills, including the ability to determine priorities, develop local strategies, procedures and work practices.
5. Demonstrates personal drive and integrity.
Australian citizen only
Length of Contract: 6 months with possible extensions up to 12 months
The role closes 2pm 12th July 2020