A government department in Canberra requires the services of a UI Designer with Baseline security clearance.
The Department seeks an experienced UI/UX Designer to create new and improved user experiences across a range of employment related programs and channels. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artefacts and transform them into innovative and functional user interfaces. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work in a talented and motivated multi-disciplinary team to design and develop product improvements, features, user flows, user interfaces and front-end enhancements.
• 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in creating and implementing UI Design with a strong portfolio with focus on the latest UI trends, techniques and technologies.
• Solid experience creating wireframes, Storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.
• Proficiency in Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop or other visual design and wire framing tools.
• Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
• Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions and solve problems creatively and effectively.
• Experience supporting and participating in user research and service design activities.
• Proven experience working in a multi-disciplinary team, building rapport and managing stakeholder expectations.
• Effective communication skills with the ability to work with and influence multiple stakeholders, and clearly articulate design decisions through a well-conceived rationale.
• Experience in developing Design Systems.
• Experience in working in an Agile development process.
• Experience with analytical tools to test user experience.
• Experience developing Design Systems and Styleguides.
• Understanding of and experience designing and implementing to meet web accessibility standards.
Australian citizen only
Length of Contract: 6 months with possible extensions.
The role closes 2pm 3rd July 2020