Our client a government department in Canberra requires the services of Python Programmer with baseline security clearance.
The department is looking to fill a role for a Python Programmer to work on the Open Data Cube (ODC) and related projects. The ODC is an open source Python library that facilitates working with large volumes of earth observation data. This role will involve working with internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve the software and will be joining a team who maintain, improve and foster a community around this popular project. The role will involve creating data pipelines and processing techniques that work in both super computer and in cloud computing environments.
• Extensive experience with the Python programming language
• Familiarity with relational databases like Postgresql
• Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field
• Experience in scripting languages and Linux system administration
• Extensive experience in source control management and processes
• Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Experience in the use of Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience working with spatial data
• Knowledge of remote sensing concepts
• Experience with containerization
• Experience with cloud orchestration
Australian citizen only
Length of Contract: 12 months
The role closes 2pm 29th May 2020