A government department in Canberra and Brisbane requires the services of Test analyst with NV1 security clearance.
The Services, delivered in collaboration with and under supervision by nominated personnel, include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Preparing mobile test strategies and plans;
• Develop test scripts for both functional and non-functional requirements;
• Create, review and execute both manual and automated test cases;
• Conducting system testing , ETL testing and data validating;
• Test the design with system matter experts or end-users to ensure the procedures, processes and system meet business requirements;
• Creating Test Plans for data sources;
• Preparing Test cases for data sources;
• Test data determination and creation where required;
• Provide Knowledge/Skills Transfer to Other Team Members;
• Provide input and guidance into broader test strategies such as automation, mobile and performance testing; and
• Review and report summary of test results for each release;
• Work effectively in a small team environment;
• Provide knowledge/skills transfer to other team members; and
• Record and maintain files/information in accordance with requirements.
• Candidates must address the selection criteria in their application - failure to do so, may eliminate them from consideration for interview
• Submissions stating that they have the required skills with no demonstration or example is not acceptable
• Significant experience in technical testing roles.
• Strong experience in writing complex queries in SQL for reading and updating data from various Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases for input/output to automate scripts and to perform data analysis.
• Demonstrated experience in writing test strategies and test plans.
• Demonstrated experience with Data Migration testing, backend validation and performing data quality analysis via SQL.
• Ability to develop test cases, Execute Tests and Report Defects using a Test Management Tool (e.g. Microfocus ALM, etc.)
• Demonstrated experience in writing code/scripts to automate tests against data sets and execution of these scripts.
• Proven experience in preparing, developing and executing data driven test automation scripts.
• Demonstrated experience in building small applications to generate test data.
• Providing reports on progress, anomalies, risks and issues associated with the entire project.
• Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent industry certifications.
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and negotiation skills.
• Experience using Agile management tools (Azure DevOps, etc.)
• Experience with continuous integration and deployment tools (Azure DevOps, Octopus Deploy,
• Experience leading Test Automation practice.
• Experience leading Mobile Testing practice.
Australian Citizens only.
Length of Contract: 12 months with possible extension up to 24 months
The role closes 12noon 6th April 2020