A government department in Canberra requires the services of Java Developer. Candidate must be Australian citizen.
• Throughout the software development lifecycle, the Developer analyses, develops, enhances, integrates, reviews, tests, maintains, and documents custom components in support of business and technical requirements.
• The Developer uses their in-depth knowledge to provide technical advice and guidance to less experienced staff.
• Developers work under the support and general direction of senior staff and make decisions within defined legislative and policy parameters. They exercise a degree of discretion when interpreting and applying procedures and guidelines. Associate Developers undertake their work to achieve results in line with agreed goals and business plans.
• Minimum of 12 months experience working in a development role in an ICT environment
• What is your understanding of the system development life cycle (SDLC)?
• When you contribute to functional and non-functional documentation, what approach do you take to ensure you are detailed and accurate at the different levels of complexity? Provide one example in your explanation.
• Provide an example of how you build and maintain effective workplace relationships?
• What has been your biggest work achievement over the last 12 months and why?
Australian Citizens only.
Length of Contract: 11 months with possible extensions up to 24 months
The role closes 2pm 17th December 2019