A government department in Canberra requires the services of Senior Accessibility Developer. Candidate must be Australian citizen with the ability to obtain baseline security clearance.
Project and Services
(a) Overview of proposed project
The WCAG/Accessibility capability is a critical factor in moving forward with agile delivery, with enhancing the User Experience. The team requires an experienced WCAG/Accessibility Development Expert that engages in the design and the development of high quality solutions in support of business and technical testing requirements, based on User experience. The role solves highly complex problems and assessments against WCAG 2.0 AA compliance. The Development Expert exercises a considerable degree of independence and undertakes a technical leadership role, with work being performed under the general guidance of the Director (Senior Management).
Key Tasks/ Duties may include:
Perform and manage analysis, design, development oversight and prototyping the WCAG outcomes solve highly complex problems and deliver high quality Accessibility solutions perform high-level analysis of technical requirements to support WCAG/Accessibility evaluation with proposed solutions undertake technical design and development of highly complex custom solutions and/or standard DMP RFQ for personnel recruitment 4 conversion and migration solutions proactively share knowledge and expertise as the Subject Matter Expert and provide assistance and mentorship to less experienced colleagues ensure compliance with endorsed WCAG 2.0 AA methodologies provide support to Test and Development teams to ensure high quality custom solution realization report on the achievement of business outcomes, key performance indicators and quality assurance in the area of responsibility develop employee capability through coaching, mentoring and succession planning prepare and review a range of WCAG/ Accessibility written material which may include technical and corporate documentation, as well as external material provide detailed, specialist Accessibility technical advice to the Executive where appropriate support innovation and lead change encourage and support continuous improvement. Improve the User Experience
• To have had 12 months working experience in an Agile Environment
• To have had 3 years' experience as an WCAG/Accessibility assessor/developer/tester
• Demonstrated experience in Assessing WCAG 2.0 AA/Accessibility outcomes and implementing requirements with stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability in coaching and mentoring staff in the Accessibility approaches and evaluations.
• Demonstrated ability to develop WCAG/Accessibility documentation.
• Demonstration of very good communication with a range of stakeholders, from Business and Technical backgrounds to Senior Management. Desirable criteria
Australian Citizens only.
Length of Contract: 12 months with possible extensions up to 24 months
The role closes 2pm 6th December 2019